• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart
    So beautiful and awe inducing. The roaring of the water as it crashed into the lake below. Rays from the sun were making the mist sparkle and gleam. But at the same time it was a terror of nature, something so powerful that could only be stopped by nature itself. Rinala stood silently, barely flicking an ear as she watched the waterfall, mesmerized. She stood close enough that her dark coat was drenched several shades darker in the icy water and her long mane and tail were dampened by the spray. She seemed hypnotized, frozen in a place of beauty and chaos. The thoughts rushing through her head were muddled together and she was left in a haze, unsure of where she was or what to do. Several moments passed until she grew conscious of her surroundings and slowly lowered her head. She let her muzzled graze the top of the cold water. She wasn't thirsty, but the water brought her back to her senses. She let out a quiet breath and turned quickly, pushing into a trot and gliding away from the fall.

The cool air was hitting her now and her damp body began to shiver as she slowed to a walk. The winter sun seemed unable to break through the cold and dry her coat. She shook her body violently, hoping to fling off the water. She shook her and laughed at her own foolishness. What a stupid thing to do. She chided herself. Not bothering to think any more, she leaped into a slow gallop, tossing her head to shake the water from her mane. She gave a joyful whinny and a few small bucks. A good feeling settled over her. The feeling of excitement, of something new, of something unknown. I love the unknown. She whispers. 

Messages In This Thread
    The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-05-2021, 12:50 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-06-2021, 03:13 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-06-2021, 07:19 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-07-2021, 03:35 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-08-2021, 07:34 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-09-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-14-2021, 04:31 PM