• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could not hold me back

Nashua mentions his sister again but Mazikeen just shakes her head dismissively. “I think this time it was the donkey, actually. But that golden bird was almost certainly involved.” Aela had been the one to direct her here, after all. Mazikeen hadn’t exactly stuck around to figure out the specifics, she got the information she wanted and then she had come here.

Yanhua’s shape pauses in thought when Nashua snaps back about the Curse. It’s enjoyable, getting under his skin like this. Almost the same feeling as a satisfactory hunt - she’s causing pain, just not physically. She tilts her horned head to the side, the beard under her chin wagging a little with the movement. “That’s true. Does Yanhua have any talents aside from chicken talking and impregnating mares?” It’s a memory from another life, the one where Gale told her of his brothers and their extensive list of children.

Maybe she shouldn’t have been so surprised when she started meeting the family. If she ever had the misfortune of meeting those in Bolder’s generation, she isn’t sure she’d be able to keep up with all the names.

She stares at the draining colour with predatory intent as Nashua tells her it’s none of her business who he’s told. “That’s a no.” She replies with another laugh. “Should I tell him for you? I’d tell Noel too but I don’t think she’ll believe me. Bolder will though.” She could cart Sickle back to Hyaline and introduce the cousins (unaware of how they’ve already met) and drop this little piece of information.

“He’ll be so hurt.” And then in between one step and the next, Mazikeen becomes Bolder. An adult version of the boy they both knew, muscular and powerful. She doesn’t hide all of her scars this time, lets some of them stand out against the chestnut coat. A glimpse of who Bolder could become. A fighter. Those silver eyes flash as she continues on, content with the fact that Nashua is, for now, trailing her and not stopping her. She was only here for one reason but that did not mean she couldn’t enjoy herself a little while she searched, did it?

m a z i k e e n .

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 06:46 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 07:49 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 09:44 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM