• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I would haul the stones

you pour the water —

For someone who is not utterly comfortable in her own skin, there is something comforting about being near her own sister. Something like having her heartbeat echoed that feels like home in a way that nothing else does. So it is not surprising that Baptiste searches her sister out. She ignores whatever else is happening in their home. It would be pretending it does not exist if she was even conscious that there was something to exist. As the young often are, she lived entirely cocooned in the blanket of her own existence. She did not perceive anything beyond it—let alone the power dynamics of kingdoms at play.

Utterly content in her ignorance and uncomfortable in the knowledge that she does possess of her own self, she shakes off the souls who had been following her all day and sets off on her own. As always, there is something of sadness that strikes in her as she watches them dissolve into mist, knowing that it was unlikely she would ever summon the same pair again, but she buries the down, ignores the ache.

Instead, she moves forward with purpose, forgetting that which she leaves behind.

She just continues walking until she sees that familiar curve of her sister’s face and her own heart rate slows in response, content to be in the presence of her other half. Smiling softly, she moves to her sister’s side and reaches out to bump her nose against her neck, breathing in the familiar scent.

“There you are.”

— I would haul the stones

@Iliana

Messages In This Thread
    I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 09-06-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 09-08-2021, 11:52 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 09-19-2021, 04:18 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 10-09-2021, 01:26 AM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 10-17-2021, 04:47 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 11-01-2021, 02:28 AM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 11-13-2021, 04:56 PM