• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  You know I'm the one who put you up there
    At least she still had the capability to pull herself up and dust herself off. With or without Obscene’s help, Cheri had always managed to bounce back from her irrational outbursts, though she had to admit that this one instance felt particularly good. One good thing about Obscene was that he could always remind her how much she needed the support of others, even if she felt entirely isolated by her station, and for that she’s wordlessly grateful.

She hopes that she can center him a little bit too, in some small way.

At the very least, Cheri was satisfied to hear him agreeing to her terms, even if that agreement was a rather begrudging type. She reasoned it was better to have him resent her than end up dead himself. There was also the chance that he could be fooling her - who knew what really went on inside that thick head of his - but then again he wasn’t an imbecile. Only idiots were unpredictable. That meant she would have to trust him; a rather new sort of idea for the both of them.

Cheri sighed. Obscene helped her reorient herself and while he did that, she waited to hear what kind of trouble she’d gotten herself into by making a pact with him. He sounded hesitant, which worried her, but of all the things she might’ve imagined he would request Cheri hadn’t exactly expected him to ask her for something quite so personal. It sort of stunned her for a second or two.

Obsidio? That was his son’s name? Very fitting, she thought.

“I can’t exactly say no, so… sure. I’ll foster your firstborn if Gale succeeds in turning you to fertilizer.” Was the best she could offer. On the one hoof his request irritated her because he clearly knew how sore of a spot it would be for Cheri to constantly watch over a flesh and blood version of himself (no thanks to her, she was reminded bitterly), but on the other hoof she was quietly awed by the honor of being his foal’s godmother - so to speak. “I’ll teach him manners, fair warning.” She threatened sluggishly, too tired to really put any effort into the joke.

“And a meeting at the River, post-coronation. Got it.” She yawned. Was it just her, or was the world kind of … fuzzy? The lull of the stormy sea crashing onto the shore, mingling with the pleasant silence and aroma of the Pampas wildflowers, had a heavy effect on her ability to remain focused. All at once, Cheri was exhausted. “Is that all your Lordship?”

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm the one who put you up there - by Cheri - 09-25-2021, 09:27 PM