• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i wanna be saved
    let it all come out and burn like a fire
    Though the loveliest sunset may swath her skin, her entire family are things of darkness. She had been born from shadow and risen above it, but still she remains intimately familiar with its embrace. She laughs at the whispers of these shadowed woods. She laughs because they should not be whispers.

The shadows consume these woods. Only fools would fail to recognize it. Only fools would miss the bite of her many siblings' teeth in these sheltered trees. But then, as far as Wrenley can tell, the world is filled with far too many fools.

She hums when her name rolls across the other woman’s tongue, head lifting as she basks in the admiration. Her words are a faint praise, but praise nonetheless. And Wrenley is not so proud that she wouldn’t accept even such minor compliments.

“Perhaps if you stay, we will be.” The words are said on a smile, an extension of that invitation Galadriel had stolen from her. Truthfully, it intrigues Wrenley. The glistening stranger is clearly a creature who does not shy away from her own worth. The twilight nymph rather likes that in a friend.

When the other woman introduces herself as she shares how she came to be here, Wrenley tips her head in faint curiosity. Though she does not care for the politics of this place, she knows the Northerners. They are all so very close after all. Both the one with the disgusting bones in Nerine and the gilded pegasus of the Isle frequent these woods often. The rest - the ones that cower in their caves and hunker like hermits in the snow and ice - Wrenley does not bother to try knowing.

In the end however, she does not comment. In truth, she doesn’t care enough to ask who had told her to come.

She cannot avoid the question though. Brows furrowing, she releases a small, breathy sigh as her lips form a moue. She has her favored haunts of course, but she would hardly call them worthy of the name favorite. After a moment, she sighs again before glancing to the west. “The beaches at sunset.”

She does not bother trying to hide the disinterest in the answer. They are lovely when the sun sets, it is true. But it is not a subject that excites her, nor is it one she has ever given overly much thought to. With a faint shrug, she turns her indifferent gaze back to Galadriel and adds, “But it is just a place.”

Wrenley

@galadriel

Messages In This Thread
    i wanna be saved - by galadriel - 09-06-2021, 07:54 PM
    RE: i wanna be saved - by Wrenley - 09-07-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: i wanna be saved - by galadriel - 09-07-2021, 03:45 PM
    RE: i wanna be saved - by Wrenley - 09-10-2021, 09:57 AM
    RE: i wanna be saved - by galadriel - 09-16-2021, 12:07 AM
    RE: i wanna be saved - by Wrenley - 09-17-2021, 09:17 AM
    RE: i wanna be saved - by galadriel - 09-26-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: i wanna be saved - by Wrenley - 10-06-2021, 12:21 PM