• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  there is no wondering now

I'll taste the sky and feel alive again

The scattering sound of a started bird woke him from his sleep today, abrupt and unexpected. Blinking at the early morning light, he wondered vaguely what had sent it into the air so suddenly. 

He wasn't left to wonder long. A shrill cry reverberated off the rough barked trees, demanding in its tone. It was early for a visitor. Still, not unheard of. Shrugging off the memories of sleep, the moon lighted stallion strode off in the direction he thought the sound had originated. 

He didn't have to go all the way to the edge of the forest land, as it turned out. Instead it was the exposed roots of a fallen giant he was lead to, a natural occurring playground he and his sisters had inhabited as children. Those were days when play came easily and the structures of adulthood had seemed an eternity away. Now he found himself returning with responsibility in mind, without sisters to dash between sequoias at his side. 

The summoner was a stranger. Blue as the churning ocean that bordered Nerine, with Agitation dogging her pacing steps like drum beats. He paused at the edge of the clearing, stars trailing him in an ephemeral cloak that faded in and out as he walked through patches of morning light. There was something odd about her legs, something he couldn't quite settle on without the rudeness of staring. Instead his gaze settled on her expression.

"You're a new face," his baritone chimed. "Have you just arrived? I've been away to witness my sister's coronation, I'm afraid, I apologize if I missed you." Flaxen tail weaving through the cool air, he smiled at her with a welcoming ease.

Reynard

Image by Calcifer

@galadriel

Messages In This Thread
    there is no wondering now - by galadriel - 09-07-2021, 03:51 PM
    RE: there is no wondering now - by Reynard - 09-07-2021, 08:09 PM
    RE: there is no wondering now - by galadriel - 09-10-2021, 06:43 PM
    RE: there is no wondering now - by Reynard - 09-10-2021, 08:36 PM
    RE: there is no wondering now - by galadriel - 09-23-2021, 11:54 AM