• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  oh, if they dusted me for prints

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

Though he had denied it when Ryatah pressed, Ashhal had known the newborn pegasus trapped in the cave with he and her mother had been his. It had been cruel of him to deny her, but it would have been far crueler to accept her as his, no matter that they shared blood. He is not a good man and he would be an even shittier father.

Better they never know him than try to paint him into something he could never be.

He is not remembering that at the moment however. Had not yet managed to connect the dots between this gilded intruder and that distant memory. Instead, as he peers at the stubborn features of the young woman before him, he only sees the similarities between her and the angel he had been trying so hard to forget. Her daughter perhaps?

His lip curls at the thought. He’s met far too damned many mares sporting the dubious honor of that title.

If it weren’t him she was being so fucking persistent in trying to badger, he might have admired her stubborn audacity. Might have found the scowl twisting her lips and lifted chin humorous. Instead he’s annoyed.

He bristles when she insists he is the one she’s looking for, demanding he answer questions. He’s not sure if it’s true or not, but right now, he doesn’t particularly care. Wings lifting aggressively, he advances a couple steps. He’s not certain he could intimidate her, but that wouldn’t stop him from trying. “I don’t have any fucking answers for you,” he growls, expression darkening to a dangerous degree. “You’ll leave disappointed.” He pauses, then adds, “Or bruised and disappointed. Your choice.”

@Elegance

Messages In This Thread
    oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 09-08-2021, 01:32 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 09-09-2021, 01:45 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-05-2021, 11:12 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-13-2021, 10:10 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-26-2021, 10:59 AM