• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've always had too much pride
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    Bolder.

He wonders what this young pegasus’s connection is to the rest of Hyaline—he seems too young to have wandered here on his own—but he doesn’t ask. Because to ask the question would risk having it turned on him and how would he answer?

His mother had been the only exception once and then his friend—Mazikeen—had taken mercy on him. Or pity, perhaps. Either way, she had allowed him to stay, though he was not like the rest of them. She had carved out a place for him amongst the shifters and let him live there in peace.

But he cannot bring himself to think of Mazikeen now.
    Because to think of her would surely only call to mind their last interaction.
    To think of her would only make the chest ache and the eyes burn with the memory of a death that did not belong to him. A death he had tried and failed to stop. 

Bolder,” he repeats instead and he smiles, though there is something in the smile that does not quite reach the eyes, “it’s nice to meet you.

And it is.
    Though it is difficult to meet the shifters, to know that he is not like them, to know that they belong here and he does not. He does not hold it against this boy with the moon on his face, how could he? It’s not something that can be helped.

His expression softens at the mention of his mother’s name and he nods. “I am her son,” he says, offering the answer freely, proudly, fondly. His lineage is the only reason he has been allowed to live amongst them, he knows, though he loves her for more than this alone.

How do you know my mother?” he asks, pale blue eyes bright with curiosity. 

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

Messages In This Thread
    i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 09-08-2021, 03:04 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 09-08-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 09-09-2021, 01:18 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 09-09-2021, 08:05 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 09-24-2021, 03:14 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 09-25-2021, 02:09 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 10-07-2021, 01:24 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 10-16-2021, 12:27 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 10-26-2021, 07:34 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 11-13-2021, 07:34 PM