• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you always said you'd drive me crazy
    She’s not a simple girl, sweet Margot, but she’s only ever known monsters.

Her parents, lovely and protective as they may be, keep company with the creatures of Pangea; and frankly, Margot has always found them magnificent. From creeping stillness and glittering scales, she has always thought she fit right in despite her lovely white fur and big, blinking eyes.

This monster, the one peering down at her as if she might make a fine meal, reminds her of her uncle. Why should she be afraid of him if the only demon she’s ever known has fawned over her loveliness? She mistakes the hunger in Niklas’ gaze for the excitement of Uncle Draco’s when he agrees to join her in some silly game.

What is this, if not another silly game?

“Sprite!” Margot parrots, blinking those swirling lavender and pink eyes up at the stranger. “I’m a sprite!” she quips, then prances a little circle in front of the demon. Surely he wants to play a game like all the rest of her doting adults.

“My papa is somewhere back there,” she finally answers, coming to a clumsy halt and grinning up at Niklas. Margot throws a casual glance behind her but doesn’t fret when she still doesn’t spot Thomas. “Why?” she asks cheerily. “Do you want to play a game with us?” Her little head tilts as she questions, doe-eyes trusting and bright.

“We could play hide and seek!” A delighted little squeal follows.

@Niklas

Messages In This Thread
    you always said you'd drive me crazy - by margot - 09-09-2021, 09:10 PM
    RE: you always said you'd drive me crazy - by margot - 09-19-2021, 09:15 PM