• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how can we wake without question
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    He can feel how fiercely she means it.
    Her need resonates in the cavern of his chest and he exhales something shaky as he stops.

Stops so that he can face her fully, so that she can see how fiercely he means it, too.
    For a moment, there is only silence as the glacial blue gaze skates across the soft lines of her face, as if committing it to memory. (As if he could forget it. As if he had not remembered it the moment he’d laid eyes on her here, this time.)

I promise,” he says. And he says it with conviction. He says it with his whole chest. He says it with every ounce of honesty he has in him. 

It is not the first promise he has made, but this one feels just as important as the other. Because he can feel just how important it is to her to be remembered, to leave a mark. 

Maybe if he were something softer, he would have smiled gently and asked her how she thought it was possible that he could forget her. But he is not soft. He is cast from ice, just as she is, and he does not know how to say things that are warm and gentle. He has never been any of these things.

He swallows thickly and nods again, drawing in a long breath before he says a second time, “I promise.

And he understands that there is some likelihood that their paths will not cross a third time. He understands that it had been some strange coincidence that had brought them together this time. 

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

@keyna

Messages In This Thread
    how can we wake without question - by keyna - 09-10-2021, 12:06 AM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by keyna - 09-10-2021, 04:50 PM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by keyna - 09-11-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by keyna - 09-19-2021, 04:51 PM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by keyna - 10-01-2021, 01:15 PM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by keyna - 10-03-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by keyna - 10-17-2021, 03:58 PM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by keyna - 11-14-2021, 12:32 AM
    RE: how can we wake without question - by Selaphiel - 11-20-2021, 11:33 AM