• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think we could live forever, darkling
    Darkling

The darkness that spreads through his veins is as intoxicating as it is damning. It’s this, perhaps, that keeps him in Pangea. There is something seared through the land that matches the blood coursing through him. This place is a dusty, desiccated thing, but that hardly seems to matter.

For such an inhospitable land, it certainly seems to attract a great deal of life.

So many imagine this place to be filled with evil, but it is such a childish notion. Darkling would have done nothing but laugh at the suggestion. It’s a trite thing, to draw distinctions between black and white when the world is only filled with endless shades of gray. But where others look out and see bleakness, Darkling looks out and sees beautiful potential. Is that not a good thing, if one must classify it as such?

It is not often Darkling ventures out while the sun clings to the sky, but even he cannot possibly escape all the daylight hours. The mere fact of its presence makes him irritable however. The light burns his shadows, and the very thought makes a snarl of disgust curl his lips. But thirst crawls up his throat, and Darkling is not a stallion who cares for his own suffering. So, leaving his pets to the shadows, the golden unicorn stalks across the parched canyons toward the sluggish river that serves as this territory's sole water source.

Once he has slaked his thirst, he is fully prepared to retreat to the dark haven he had carved for himself amid the arid canyons of his home until he spots a feline figure sprawled across a nearby outcropping. Lions are not natural to this place, so he knows it is no mere cat. And unless he is highly mistaken (which he doubts), there are only a few creatures who can shift into the large predators around here.

It has been a very long time since he had last seen one of his siblings.

Altering his course, Darkling stalks towards her, a smirk creeping onto his golden lips. When he’s near enough to speak conversationally, he slows to a halt. “Wretched place for a nap.”

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

@austra

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think we could live forever, darkling - by Darkling - 10-13-2021, 08:31 AM