• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  i leaned in and let it hurt; obscene
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    Coming from a broken family himself, he should know how such things affect children. Still, this family they have made (tainted and shattered as it was) at the very least was still present, something that he had been denied at a very young age. There was hope though, for all of them. With the presence of Bardot and Tantalize now roaming through the wildflowers, there was a chance for all of them and the gravity of that realization was not lost on him.

If you got the chance to rebuild everything that was broken, would you take it? 

There is something tugging at his withered dark heart at the thought of seeing his sister and their jaguar dam with Obsidio but he pushes it away, fearful of holding on to a dream too long that might never be. Besides, his time is limited and he selfishly wants to take as much as he can for himself when it comes to his son. Still, it seems a topic that’s unavoidable as he reads the signs on his son’s face and easily unearths his uncertainty in the lie (something he’s gotten quite good at observing when he is always held to the truth) that the colt presents to him. His lips twitch slightly but he does his best to alleviate the child’s fears. “No, we would never be too far from her.” He says quietly as his muzzle grazes over the star patterns that mark his bright golden boy. “And I have not slept next to my mother’s side for a very long time.” He says tightly, unable to keep the flare of anger at bay at the old familiar hurt that’s brought up with that memory. He cannot lie to his son and so he doesn’t tell him the truth, that he hadn’t turned out fine at all.

He refused to taint his son with his own misgivings though and he forces a grin to his dark lips as he looks down at him. “Would you like to meet her? Your grandmother? Your Aunt is here too.” Even if Tantalize had fucked him over, the least she could do was make it up to him by being kind to her grandson.

Obsidio proudly reminds his father of his young age and the thought of mortality briefly flutters through his mind again, making a muscle in his lower jaw jump and he makes a note to speak to Revelrie about this as soon as possible. Perhaps the fairies would be kinder to her requests then they had ever been to his. He gently points Obsidio and his glittering golden face in the direction they would start in and he is curious to what the boy is going to ask before he becomes distracted and then it is his turn to become alarmed, recognizing that weight that was suddenly settling on his very small shoulders. One that he remembered his own father wearing. And that would not do at all. “Only if you want it son.” He nudges the boy’s shoulder and gives him a raw smile although his red eyes never leave the endless dark of his sons gaze. “That is your choice and not one I will ever make for you. In the chance that you will want it some day, it’s best I show you now.”

obscene

@obsidio
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i leaned in and let it hurt; obscene - by obsidio - 09-13-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i leaned in and let it hurt; obscene - by Obscene - 10-02-2021, 10:12 AM