• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've been down, i've been defeated, any
    Desire

She watches him sometimes, because he is someone that intrigues her.

She likes to think herself good at reading others, at deciphering their wants and weaknesses, but Jamie has remained largely a mystery. He is no easier to read than the shadows he controls, and this is something she finds both annoying and interesting. She remembers that he had believed he played a part in the eclipse, and while logically she thinks it was something larger at play, she also can’t really argue it. His darkness is unlike any that she has ever seen—even Darkling, a wielder of shadows in his own right, did not come close to what Jamie could do.

It’s why when she comes across a swath of darkness in the middle of the afternoon she knows it is him. She stops for a moment, watching the way the shadows shift and turn, like the darkest of storm clouds. The sunlight above does nothing to weaken it, cannot illuminate this shield he has erected no matter how hard it tries, and without hesitation, she steps into it.

It reminds her of the eclipse once she steps inside, the world outside of his shadows disappearing. Here in the dark the stars scattered across her body begin to glow, her face cast in silver moonlight from the halo above her head, and she has no doubt that he will feel this faint light that encroaches on his darkness. It doesn’t matter, though, because she finds him easily enough, and if she is concerned at the sight of him lying on the ground it is an emotion that she quickly checks.

“Jamie,” the velvet purr of her voice is even softer in the dark, but should he look at her he would see that cheshire cat smile perched too easily on her lips, would catch the sharp glint of almost amusement in her black eyes when she asks him, “you alright?”
    so we're slaves to any semblance of touch, lord we should quit, but we love it too much

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've been down, i've been defeated, any - by Desire - 09-26-2021, 09:54 PM