• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've been down, i've been defeated, any
    Desire

The silence builds between them, empty of sound but full of his dark and her glints of light.

She cannot even begin to imagine the things that he is thinking in this quiet, what he thinks when he looks at her, and if he were anyone else she might have tried to see what his heart wanted. It was the closest thing she had to being able to get an idea of how someone truly felt despite the way they may act, and it was a skill she had perfected over the years.

But with him, she does not try.

A part of her is afraid of what she will find—not because she thinks his heart is malicious and twisted, or entirely nonexistent, though those things are certainly possible. No, the way he has cocooned himself inside the dark makes her think she will be met with a barrier or a wall of some sort, and she is not sure if she has the means to break it down.

Something about him seems so utterly impossible that she does not even test it. Failure was not something she was accustomed to, and not because she was so good at succeeding, but instead because she was so good at avoiding things that were too risky.

Jamie was a risk.
    Dark and unreadable, powerful and unpredictable.
    If he weren’t someone she needed to try and keep on her side she would likely avoid him entirely, but instead here she is, risking rejection and his wrath should he decide her intrusion is unwelcome.

But he stands, and she does not miss his sharp smile—she lacked the teeth, but her own smiles tended to share that same razored edge, though the one that she offers him is something a bit softer. In the light of his new moon curiosity brightens in her black eyes, and she further closes the space to him. “You’ve said before you used to be weak, but it’s difficult to imagine you like that,” she tells him truthfully. “Weak is never a word I would use to describe you.”
    so we're slaves to any semblance of touch, lord we should quit, but we love it too much

@ jamie

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've been down, i've been defeated, any - by Desire - 10-07-2021, 04:27 AM