• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  did all my dreams mean one thing?
    It begins not long after Tarian leaves for his patrol and there’s nothing she can do about the terrible timing. Altissima’s often-absent companion is with her but despite insisting, Winter refuses to leave to find the knight. The owl had been there when Senna was born, had been the only company that the light-wielder had for years, and she intended to stay for this birth as well. Like they had years ago, mare and companion rest on the ground and Altissima feels the gentle preening of her mane.

Another daughter makes her arrival to the world and Winter hoots her approval as Altissima cleans and cares for the beautiful girl. She is just considering taking the filly with her to find Tarian - undoubtedly he’d spot them before long - when the pains return. Fear and stubbornness keep her pacing for a long time, trying to riddle out what could be going wrong, while Winter sits with the filly.

It takes a sharp word from her companion but Altissima finally relents to the instincts that tell her to lie back down, and she’s only just settled into her fear and uncertainty when she hears her name. Altissima is too relieved to feel annoyed at his routine, cautious approach - as though she could be startled into popping like an overripe fruit. “Tarian!” She calls out, urging him to enter the cavern. Her eyes remain focused on the entrance and they shift and bleed into a dozen different hues with the twist of emotions inside of her.

“She didn’t want to wait.” She tells him in a soft, apologetic tone before she shifts her head on the smooth ground to gesture to the dark filly. Light bounces around the cavern in a frantic tempo despite the love that swells in Altissima’s heart when she looks at the girl and then back at her father as the pains refuses to be ignored. “This didn’t happen last time.” She admits - lifting her head up again and reaching out to him, asking him to come forward. To brush aside her fears with his too-gentle touch.

It takes her an embarrassing amount of time to realize what is happening, and then she is beyond words until it is over.

And even then it is not until she stands on shaking legs, instinctively seeking Tarian's presence to help hold her up and her now deep violet eyes find the pale colt, that she really believes it. Not yet trusting the wobble of her legs to allow her to take a step forwards towards their son, she can only breathe out a quiet word filled with reverence. Twins.”

altissima

@Tarian
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 09-19-2021, 06:15 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Altissima - 09-20-2021, 02:41 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 09-22-2021, 07:57 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 10-07-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 10-24-2021, 08:42 PM