• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  did all my dreams mean one thing?

He's immediately aware that the scents of their small cavern have changed.

There is the scent of feathers - Altissima's companion, Winter - and Wildling herself that are familiar. It mingles with his own but the damp smell of afterbirth and blood permeates his senses as he rounds one corner, and he nearly stands frozen until the urgency in his mate's voice prompts him anxiously forward. He comes striding urgently forward only to suddenly stop. His blue eyes drop towards the dark bundle on the ground.

She didn't want to wait.

She, the word continues to echo in his mind much like Altissima's did against the rock walls of their little sanctuary. She. A daugher. They had a daughter and Tarian fights the urge to lower himself to the ground to be closer to her. "Altissima," he manages to say, though there is so much more. That she is perfect, just like her mother, that she is beautiful just like her. That he couldn't have dreamed of such a wonderful gift and that -

But all of that is forgotten the moment she winces in pain.

Tarian comes closer now - managing to step carefully around the dark girl (who makes him think so much of his mother) - and lowering his head so that it grazes against her pale blue neck. "I'm here," he murmurs to her, speaking aloud the difference between her last birth and this one. He was here, and unless she told him otherwise, he wasn't going anywhere. Trying not to lose his mind to his fears, the gray stallion remains an unmoving and unyielding presence in their home.

And he remains that way, even after the reasoning presents itself in the shape of another perfect child: their son.

"Twins," he whispers back at her, struggling to know where to look. At Altssima, at their children. He stands still and offers a winged shoulder to her, allowing her to rest against him; offering her some small support after the whole ordeal. "Twins," Tarian says again, and begins to laugh again as he watches the pair discover their legs while basking in the warmth beside (and within) him.

"Can you believe it?"

TARIAN

@Altissima

Messages In This Thread
    did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 09-19-2021, 06:15 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 09-22-2021, 07:57 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 10-07-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 10-24-2021, 08:42 PM