• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  did all my dreams mean one thing?
    Tarian is there, holding her up and she feels like that is the only thing keeping her legs beneath her as she looks between the starlight-blue colt and the night-black filly. His laughter jostles her but far from being annoyed, there is a radiant smile that spreads across her face. Unrestrained, though she does feel a little bit of fear. Two was just… twice the work.

But then, she wasn’t on her own this time.

She can’t find her voice to reply to Tarian but she presses her muzzle to his cheek. Taking a moment to close her eyes and just breathe him in. To assure herself that this moment is real. She has a family, they have a family. And she thinks of how if, or when, her dad visits she’ll get to surprise him with this news as well. The air shimmers around them and Altissima can feel that light in her heart as well.

Though her legs are just as wobbly as their young children, Altissima goes to the colt to clean and care for him - her muzzle brushing softly against his coat, eager for it to be dry and fuzzy.

Winter hoots a congratulations before leaving the cavern on silent wings, letting the family meet each other.

The colt finds his legs and wanders over to his sister, tumbling into her while Altissima hovers nearby - her deep violet eyes shining. “Starros.” She repeats the name Tarian had whispered to her when they had first discussed them. “And Areane?” She questions, lifting her head to see his reaction - and finding that even with her exhaustion it's still easy to tease him. “Though I know you had your heart set on Altissima Junior…”

altissima

@Tarian
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 09-19-2021, 06:15 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 09-22-2021, 07:57 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Altissima - 09-23-2021, 05:47 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 10-07-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: did all my dreams mean one thing? - by Tarian - 10-24-2021, 08:42 PM