• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  leave me here a little longer

He is content in Hyaline.

Bolder has been given more than he had ever dreamed: acceptance. There is a surge of pride when he thinks of what he has become, and even more when he considers what he could still become. The beautiful thing that the young shifter was learning about his power was there could be no limits to it.

If he were to go to the Mountain, he could become something more than just an eagle or a wolf. He could have the talons of the raptor, the teeth of the hunter, and the rest could be left to him. Bolder could become whatever he wished himself to be.

But the Mountain is a sacred place. He has no intent to besmirch with his amateur skill. He would continue to learn under Mazikeen, and then when he thought he was ready, Bolder knew he would go to Tephra. He would seek out his Uncle and ask him what he thought of the Mountain.

That day has not come yet, though, so Bolder still practices.

Stalking the Forest as a literal wolf, the young shifter sticks to the shadows. He focuses on the scent of a rabbit and means to attempt to hunt. Not to kill, he reminds himself, though the metallic memory of blood makes him hunger. He pursues a hare that through the underbrush, and only after his shadow companion has cornered it, does Bolder feel a sense of success. The little creature cowers against a tree, and for a painstaking moment, Bolder feels his sharp teeth bare towards the rabbit in a warning.

But (this time), he does not kill it. He lets it leap away, shrieking its warning to any animals that might be nearby. Bolder snarls, and then lets it go.

Turning away, he becomes a young stallion with wings. His silver eyes widen because in his stealth, he hadn't noticed her. Had she seen him shift? Bolder eyes her suspiciously, though attempts to conceal it with a wolfish grin.

"How long have you been standing there?"

@Elliana

[Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    leave me here a little longer - by Elliana - 09-20-2021, 08:21 PM
    RE: leave me here a little longer - by bolder - 09-24-2021, 03:56 PM
    RE: leave me here a little longer - by Elliana - 09-26-2021, 09:07 PM
    RE: leave me here a little longer - by bolder - 10-07-2021, 01:37 PM
    RE: leave me here a little longer - by Elliana - 10-10-2021, 10:33 AM
    RE: leave me here a little longer - by bolder - 10-24-2021, 07:57 PM
    RE: leave me here a little longer - by Elliana - 11-07-2021, 10:16 AM
    RE: leave me here a little longer - by bolder - 11-30-2021, 01:21 PM