• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  come down sweet reverence
    ”Taiga’s. Mother is a fan. But Nerine’s is beautiful too. Misses the fog, though. Vastly different that way.”

The bay roan continues to talk in the same way as he asked the questions, then smiles at her name when she mentions it. ”That’s much like my mother’s name. Are you by chance related to Elena?” After all, she did have something familiar about her, and although he never met his aunt (Nashua did - but she left before he was born), he remembers every little detail about his mother’s stories. Elena had been a huge part of Lilliana’s life. It wouldn’t surprise him if Elliana was named after her in a way.

Deduction at his finest, Oren swivels his ears in her direction and then nods to the west, where his mother’s favourite tiny islands look out to the Isle and Nerine. ”We could still catch the sunset, if you like. It’s almost as good as the Taigan dawn.” Plus, it gives them something to do; walking, that is. ”Have you met Reave yet? Nashua says he’s the heir to the North. I haven’t seen them in a while though. Yan named me Taiga’s Scholar, so I bounce back and forth between here and wherever something’s interesting.” He smiles, proud of his title, then lets his face fall a bit. ”Don’t know where he is now though.” He follows with a sad sigh. ”Well, that’s all my brothers in one go. I have a sister too, Rosey - Roselin I mean. She’s up at the Isle. We’re twins. But I can’t really stay in one place. Bit like mom and dad I suppose.” he muses aloud, filling the silence with his voice whenever Elliana does not. Listening to stories being his favourite pastime, he tells them himself when the other does not - assuming they want to hear it all anyway.

@Elliana

Messages In This Thread
    come down sweet reverence - by Elliana - 10-03-2021, 09:28 PM
    RE: come down sweet reverence - by Oren - 10-06-2021, 03:42 AM
    RE: come down sweet reverence - by Elliana - 10-14-2021, 09:43 PM
    RE: come down sweet reverence - by Oren - 10-27-2021, 12:57 AM