• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You found me, made me into something new
    kissed my penny and threw it in
    prayed to keep my soul

S
    ome like to watch the world burn. Some prefer to watch it bleed.

Blood pouring like water falling.

She is silent for a moment, watching the waterfall as it charges over the cliff’s edge and freefalls with a certain sense of purpose that she can’t quite place. Elliana finds it odd, that any one thing without a mind or a heart or anything could appear so sure of itself, but then this feature has stood the test of time, she hears, lingered even when the rest of the world was torn asunder. It, much like her, has seen so many things that those who dwell within its cooling presence could only imagine, even if they were told. The destruction of societies, the rebuilding of them, kings and queens and armies too innumerable to count and, yet, it does not boast its agelessness, but rather stands, quietly doing its relentless duty, entrancing the little shadow girl  into a sort of hypnosis.

She doesn't remember when she left the field and the waterfall. She was born to wander, much to her parent’s dismay. They tried everything to keep those wandering feet put. Told her tales of monsters and repentant children. But it did nothing to staunch that wanderlust, if anything, it only kindled a fire in the crevice of her ribs.

She watches as the dust rises and dances in the moonlight, creating shapes she either does not recognize or has no name for. It unnerved her, sometimes, how silently she had learned to walk.

Without leaving a trace of your existence, do you still exist? she wondered. Like the age-old tree that fell in a clearing question. If no one was there to hear it fall, did it make sound? The question struggles in her mind before she releases it to be forgotten as she finds them in the moonlight. He glows and she is enraptured. She should turn back, if she had listened to those stories oh maybe she would have because Elliana has heard of stories of boys who reach for the throats of beautiful things. Does the girl reborn from ash know this?

She has nothing to offer them when her feet keep her moving and without her shield of stories and her spear of secrets, Elliana is set adrift and stands there—exposed for what she is. (Though what she is exactly changes from face to face to face.)

Instead of words, she offers them only a serene smile.

@Fyr @Seneka elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
    « r »

Messages In This Thread
    You found me, made me into something new - by Fyr - 10-07-2021, 04:41 PM
    RE: You found me, made me into something new - by Elliana - 10-09-2021, 11:19 AM