• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we've been living on a fault line

lord, I fashion dark gods too;

A shame, that he has been scrubbed from her memory. As if he was as tragic as her love affairs. You’d have thought that her daughter would have left a few memories of him, for what had he ever done to her?
    (Well. Perhaps a few things. He doesn’t quite remember the circumstances of their encounters, if she had come willingly or not. These things have a way of blurring.)
    Still. He should have been left in her head, as a warning, if nothing else. An act of preservation. Of course, his ego aside, there is plenty of opportunity here, if he chooses to use it. If not, he can always re-insert himself back into her memory, maybe add a few more, for good measure.
    “Once or twice,” he says, “just in passing. But you’re a memorable creature, Agetta.”
    His voice is polite, neutral. Walking the edge of kindness, but he has not yet decided which ways he wants this encounter to fall.

He chuckles at her question, does his best to shift his laugh into the same neutral thing, playing at normality. It is interesting, to be unknown in this form.
    “Not quite,” he says, “I actually happen to be something of a magician myself. The fairies get so busy, with all these requests – I just like to help out from time to time.”
    He’s still smiling, one that lasts a bit too long before he remembers to let it fall away.
    “Is that what you’re looking for, then?” he says, and tries now to make his voice softer, sympathetic, “those lost memories?”

c a r n a g e

@Agetta

Messages In This Thread
    we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 10-09-2021, 09:31 AM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 10-11-2021, 07:29 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Carnage - 10-17-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 10-18-2021, 06:58 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 11-07-2021, 05:44 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Agetta - 11-16-2021, 09:43 PM
    RE: we've been living on a fault line - by Ryatah - 11-19-2021, 04:01 PM