• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Part of the ocean; Oceane/any

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

She grins at his assessment of his new ability to teleport through water ─ she, herself, had been disconcerted the first time she'd realized Beqanna had molded her into a genie and gifted her with abilities far beyond any she'd ever thought it possible for her to possess. At first, the power had rankled her. She'd woken countless nights with the fear that she had turned into one of the arithmancers from her past, that the dark magic of Nau-Aib had leaked into her life here, with Ledger. With Sylva. But as the weeks had passed and she'd practiced her handle on it, only allowing herself to utilize the power in moments that she felt entirely confident in her ability to do so, Oceane learned to trust herself as a genie.

“It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Ahti,” she responds with a kind smile, her double-wings rustling against her sleek sides at the compliment. His question, rather straightforward, draws a small chuckle from the woman who finds herself pleased to be dealing with someone who isn't fearful of stepping on hooves and would rather dive straight to the point. “Old habits and all of that,” she explains with a casual warmth and a flick of her lavender tail, “I'm quite enjoying Sylva, but I dedicated nearly fifteen years to Loess. It's still odd to wake up to the golden forest instead of the foothills and canyons.”

Her amber eyes search his for a moment before she returns the favor and asks Ahti a question of her own. “Is Tephra your home, or are we two teleporting intruders who've happened upon each other today?”

— @Ahti
    “”
    s | n
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 10-14-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 10-14-2021, 03:24 PM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 10-19-2021, 04:12 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 10-20-2021, 11:01 AM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Ahti - 11-16-2021, 12:24 PM
    RE: Part of the ocean; Oceane/any - by Oceane - 11-28-2021, 11:47 AM