• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you couldn't hide it from me, casimira

Savior

It had been quiet for a time. 
    When the sun returned and he’d grudgingly had to let Casimira return to the life that best suited her. (What he would have given to accompany her back to Hyaline! But there had been a darkness gathering there and, as much as he loved her, he could not leave Tephra.) 

Not even when the frightful king had taken the throne, spreading nightmares through his home. But he had not known how to stop it. What power does a dragon have against things that live inside the head? The nightmares had been troubling, fearsome, but he’d slept beside his daughter for months. (Strange that something so beautiful could have such an effect on those around her.)

And now.
    Now he looks to the throne, newly abdicated by a pale green mare who’d stood at the helm so briefly that he hadn’t even learned her name.

What will come next? 
    He draws in a long, shuddering breath and turns his gaze to the horizon.
    As if he might divine Casimira just by wishing for her. 
    (He misses her so fiercely now that she must be able to feel it.)

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

Messages In This Thread
    you couldn't hide it from me, casimira - by savior - 10-14-2021, 02:34 PM