• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when the land was godless and free, all tephrans

Savior

There are familiar faces and only one unfamiliar. Gilda does not speak but she does not need to. They had all stood aside and watched Tephra fall into darkness with Gale at the helm. But he’s certain that every Tephran standing before him now understands that they must fight their way back into the light.

(Perhaps there is some level of blessing in the way Gale had marched them into shadow. It has reminded them—or, at the very least, reminded him—to appreciate the place their home has always been. Or, at least, what it has been over the course of his lifetime.)

He smiles at Gilda, at Casimira, at Isilya. He smiles at them all, even the newcomer. A newcomer invited by Divest before she had unceremoniously departed, leaving them stranded. And perhaps it was for the best, as it had been Gale who had put her on the throne. They will shake off the residue that the dark king had left in his wake. They will rise anew.

His gaze lingers on Ahti. “Ahti, welcome,” he says and nods, something in his own smile turning slightly rueful. “Odd, indeed, but I hope that you will stay and help restore Tephra.

He might not have been the one who’d invited the stallion here, but he will not send him away, even if Divest had brought him here for sinister reasons. (He has no way of knowing, as Divest had been here so briefly that he had not gotten a chance to see where her allegiance seemed to lie.)

He glances then to the others and draws in a long breath, head tilted just barely as pride blossoms in the cavern of his chest.

I believe in us.” He nods. “I believe that we will find our way back to the light.

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when the land was godless and free, all tephrans - by savior - 10-24-2021, 03:30 PM