• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but my demons always won

He is just a boy and he doesn’t know whether to be intimidated, or afraid, or enthralled when the feline turned stallion breaks through. His eyes are reptilian, although whether dragon or snake it is hard to tell, and his scaled body takes a step back, uncertainty painted in all of his youthful lines. He could shift, he knows, and he could find that fire that lives deep within his chest, but it doesn’t come to him.

That dragon, that thing locked deep within him, remains stilled.

Instead he watches with his wide eyes and tucks his wings in close as though the leathery appendages will be able to save him at all. He watches instead and maybe it’s pride or foolishness that has him replying,

“I am a dragon.”

Or maybe it’s just that desperate need to be that which his father and mother made. The poisonous thing of their creation—crafted from the both of them. As if to prove his point, as if worried that this stranger would deem him a liar, he shifts. He becomes that ice-covered dragon, although he is still small and he is still immature. He lashes his tail behind him, dust pluming and branches cracking, and he opens his mouth in a snarl but it is not nearly as  loud or as booming as the sound that his father can make.

Disappointed, he shifts back into the young boy of brown and sapphire and looks.

“I guess you could say that I have seen one.”

@Malik

Messages In This Thread
    but my demons always won - by aldous - 10-17-2021, 03:36 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by Malik - 10-17-2021, 09:01 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by aldous - 11-13-2021, 03:18 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by Malik - 11-13-2021, 04:30 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by aldous - 11-13-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by Malik - 11-15-2021, 07:41 AM