• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but my demons always won
    The boy changes in front of him.

From a colt with reptilian wings to an icy monster, Malik’s bicolored eyes open wide at the transition. He’d not been expecting the change, that much is clear in his easy-to-read expression. Equally obvious is his delight, both at the shift and at the impressive roar that follows.

Malik does press his ears flat to avoid some of the volume, but he’s grinning despite it, glee in both of his mismatched eyes. “That’s perfect.” He says, taking a step closer to the dragon that is once more a young stallion.

Shifters get a choice, he reminds himself.

“Would you be willing to part with a dragon scale?” He asks, and cannot keep from wondering if dragon blood would taste as acidic as wyvern had. Malik remembers the way his mouth had ached for days afterward, how he’d lamented his lack of healing. Perhaps this way is better, even if it takes longer.

Malik glances to the northeast, where the Mountain rises far above the black treed horizon. Shaking his head at thoughts of shifting, the black creature turns his attention back to where the other stood, his expression pensive.

“It is for a quest,” he adds as an afterthought, lest his request seem especially strange.

@aldous

Messages In This Thread
    but my demons always won - by aldous - 10-17-2021, 03:36 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by Malik - 10-17-2021, 09:01 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by aldous - 11-13-2021, 03:18 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by Malik - 11-13-2021, 04:30 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by aldous - 11-13-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: but my demons always won - by Malik - 11-15-2021, 07:41 AM