• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we've traveled the seas, we've ridden the stars

He frowns a little, wondering what it would be like not to dream when it has so thoroughly become his entire life. It’s obvious, even to him with his limited social experience that there’s something dragging at her heart. But he doesn’t begrudge her for the grimness or the dull laugh - he can’t imagine what carrying around that weight must feel like.

She makes some effort to lighten up, but the dullness of her laugh still echoes in his head. The green stallion with his gentle glow and eyes doesn’t think it’s his place to ask the source of her sadness. They’ve only just met, after all, and he is not an overly curious creature. What he sees instead is an opportunity to help - or at least make the offer. A chance to give her a break from whatever it is that is haunting her, and maybe be a friend. So he meets her attempt at a smile with one of his own - a little brighter, a little warmer. Encouraging, he hopes.

“Nice to meet you Este, I’m Anubias.” And then after a small pause he adds “I like your glow.” He says this without thinking, realizing only after the words are out that it’s probably the type of compliment you’d hear from a child. It was sincere, at least. Just like what comes out next. “And I can help, if you’d like to dream and escape reality a little. I’m able to control and shape dreams, and bring someone along.” Granted, it would depend on whether she could fall asleep. Small details.

The bigger hurdle would be whether she’s up for trusting him.

“I promise, zero chances of nightmares.”

@Este

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we've traveled the seas, we've ridden the stars - by Anubias - 01-19-2022, 10:08 AM