• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you know i never forgot

Areane rarely has a moment alone.

She hadn't been born alone, and since that moment, there has always been Starros. There had been her brother, and then there had been their father and their mother. Their dam has many names; she has heard their pale sire call her everything from Wildling to dear to milady. Their father also apparently has many names; by the time that she and her twin are old enough to wander around Loess without one of their parents in the immediate vicinity, Areane learns that their father is called everything from Champion to Glow Worm.

But she also learns other things.

The canyons of their home are everywhere. As a young pegasi, there are plenty of ledges to find (and though they have been told otherwise, now they are supposed to be napping), Areane is eager to find one now. It isn't uncommon for Mother to not always be in the cavern nest that they bed down in each night, and as the young filly glances in both direction, she smiles at the realization that there are hours yet until dusk. Her excitement manifests the small red pebbles around her hooves and they roll together to make a small lizard, one that scurries towards a nook where Areane knows her brother goes to escape the midday heat.

"Starros?" she calls out, and before the final echo of her high voice rings against sandstone walls, another rock lizard scurries around the corner.

@Starros

Messages In This Thread
    you know i never forgot - by Areane - 10-23-2021, 09:03 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Starros - 10-28-2021, 07:44 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Areane - 11-17-2021, 05:06 PM