• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you know i never forgot

Where the stone lizard skitters off to, Areane loses track (and focus) of the moment that one made of light attempts to crawl up her nose. Her dark head had been lowered to the ground, more curious than cautious, and it jerked abruptly back at the manifestation. Her nostrils wrinkled, and the young pegasus stepped back to allow herself the room to shake out her growing mane and wings (just in case Starros' creation decided to get comfortable).

Only when she is sure that nothing is out of place among her blue-sheened feathers does she look to her twin, who looks up at the sky.

Areane glances up as well, as if the answer to his question might be found there. Seeing nothing but clouds and blue sky, she turns her attention back to Starros. "Mama said soon," she tells him, remembering the earlier conversation where Altissima had mentioned Winter to their father. Her delicately tipped ears flicked forward and back, thinking that their mother made the season sound as appealing as the dry sage grass Tarian encouraged them to try.

Her nose wrinkled petulantly at the thought.

"Maybe," Areane tacks on. Tucking her wings neatly against her petite frame, she lowers her head to look at her brother carefully. She waited a moment longer, and wondering exactly how long they might have to wait, she asks: "Do you think we should go looking for some?"

Messages In This Thread
    you know i never forgot - by Areane - 10-23-2021, 09:03 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Starros - 10-28-2021, 07:44 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Areane - 11-17-2021, 05:06 PM