• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground
    Mazikeen
    Although a little more difficult now, Mazikeen hopes Myrna never stops trying to fit underneath her wing. It spreads a calm warmth through her and the grin on her face matches that of her daughter’s. A small chuckle escapes her at Myrna’s recommendation to practice, a phrase that Mazikeen has said often, and another follows at the admittance that the filly had eaten a lot of them. Mazikeen reaches to tickle behind Myrna’s ears in response.

She waits for the reply to her question, and it is not difficult to keep up with her daughter’s thoughts when they change her form. Mazikeen lifts her wing so Myrna can more easily step away when the dragon wings appear and she watches with a grin when the rest of the pale girl’s body follows suit.

Her own thoughts about becoming a dragon pause at the request. She’d been expecting something like going to go look for her parents so setting something on fire surprises her.

She’s quiet for a moment, considering it. She knows it’s not really responsible and yet she can’t really think of a reason why not. With some boundaries, of course.

“Alright. But there’s going to be some rules.” Mazikeen fixes her attention on Myrna, her voice growing serious in an attempt to convey that what follows is important. “We’ll pick a tree where there aren’t any critters living in it. And one close to the lake. I don’t want to accidentally set Hyaline on fire. I kind of like our home as-is.” It’s a joke, mostly. With the snow it would be hard to do, but Mazikeen isn’t confident dragon fire would be as easily put out as normal. Could she become a dragon that spouted water? Or ice? It had never occurred to her to try - much like the flowers that her daughter had been wearing - but that did not mean it was impossible.

She had spent so much time caring about her shifting and she didn't even really know her own limits.

Finally, one more rule. “And you need to stay as a dragon the whole time. The scales should protect you from the flames and heat.” Myrna might be able to heal, but Mazikeen - while clearly demonstrating a little bit of irresponsibility as a parent at this moment - wasn’t about to put her daughter in a position where she could get hurt in the first place. She waits to make sure that Myrna will agree to these conditions before they’d move off to look for a target.

@ Viszla

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground - by Mazikeen - 11-04-2021, 08:15 AM