• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground
    Mazikeen
    Although never particularly hard when she is speaking to Myrna, even when laying out strict rules, Mazikeen visibly softens at her daughter’s worry. She is glad that the filly-dragon felt comfortable enough to at least share it, and there is no time wasted in trying to smooth away the concerns. The pale mare becomes a pale dragon, her long and graceful neck reaching out with ease to nudge Myrna’s snout with affection. “Do your best. If you can’t hold it that's okay, I’ll be there to protect you.” Mazikeen knows that this is not a promise she will be able to keep forever, but it is one she will always try to keep. Wherever her daughter ends up, whatever might change, she will never give up on trying to protect her children.

Even if, like with Sickle, that means staying as far away as possible.

She fights the way her smile attempts to falter, fights the sigh that these thoughts try to inspire, and instead she just pulls her head back enough to look into Myrna’s storm-blue eyes. “And if I tell you to get back, you listen to me, okay?”

Part of Mazikeen is still surprised they are doing this, but she thinks - hopes - it will be some relatively harmless fun. She angles her head, making sure that everything is alright, before leading the way across the snow. Flying would be faster, but there is no reason to save any time by leaving behind her daughter who is still learning. Not when Mazikeen wants to enjoy every single second she can get with Myrna.

Her heavy body leaves deep footprints and her tail slithers patterns across the surface as she leaps in bounds, mimicking the movements of the goats Myrna is so good at shifting into - just with a much larger body. The waves and showers of snow she sends out with each landing is a simple joy and by the time they arrive at the first cluster of pines, Mazikeen’s smile is vivid and her scales are glittering with snow.

“What do you think?” She encourages Myrna to investigate closer while she quietly makes her own observations without moving.

@ Viszla

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground - by Mazikeen - 11-06-2021, 08:43 PM