• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground
    The pale young dragon takes a deep breath, inhaling the cold winter air. It tastes of snow and stone and forest, and she feels it crackling down through her open mouth and into the inferno that is her chest. Deep within her, it burns like a small sun, racing up her throat and then out toward the lowest branches of the dying lodepole pine.

The heat does not burn her tongue nor char the sharp white teeth that snap shut after a few long seconds of fiery exhalation. But Myrna hardly notices that, instead intent on the way the flames have taken on a life of their own, leaping from the branch and toward the main trunk of the tree. The scent of burning reaches her scaled nostrils, and Myrna glances toward her mother in excitement.

“Look Mama!” she shouts gleefully, leaping back and forth with palpable excitement. “I did it! I finally made a fire!” This is not the first time she has attempted to breathe fire, it would seem, but it is her first successful attempt. And it’s working! The fire is spreading, rising up the thin, dry bark toward the crown.

How tall is the tree, she wonders as she watches, both giddy and breathless. She has no thoughts at all of danger, and hopes that it is tall enough to touch that other tree when it falls, and maybe then that tree will catch on fire too! They can have a lot of trees and a lot of fires, and the burning dragon heart in her chest thumps hard and fast in delight.

This is so fun!

“This is so cool!” Grinning with a sharp mouthful of teeth, Myrna looks up at her mother, expecting to see the same emotions that illuminate her face reflected there in her mother’s expression.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground - by Viszla - 11-10-2021, 08:48 PM