• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  who caught and sang the sun in flight

LILLIBET
    a star burning with the
    light of a thousand suns

Lillibet had not intended to land herself in the midst of a stand-off when she'd awoken to explore on this day, but the youthful tete-a-tete with Herrin has invigorated her. There is something about the feline-marked man that makes her want to challenge him, to twist her way beneath his skin while the playful smile remains on her lips. At least, she wants to until he turns pensively to survey the area he has made his own. She knows then that this hovel of his is important to him.

She's not heartless.

Nevertheless, the glowing girl laughs aloud when he calls her Princess. She hopes it sticks, that he'll continue to call her that, the edges of the word jagged with disdain. “Chill out,” she responds to his strong assertion with an animated roll of her amber eyes, “I don't want it, and I won't tell anyone about it, either.” Lillibet knows quite well the importance of keeping a secret; she and Link have a handful or more, and it's those that she cherishes more than almost anything else.

“Unless you'd like it to be known as Herrin's Creek. I could do that for you.”

But no matter his answer, her intent is not to leave the area just yet, and so she plays innocently ignorant. Herrin would have to tell her directly to leave - and even then, would she? “Have you always lived in Sylva?” she asks curiously as her amber eyes turn away from him, taking a moment to inspect the red sumacs around them.

— @Herrin
    “”
    s | n

Messages In This Thread
    who caught and sang the sun in flight - by Herrin - 11-07-2021, 08:39 PM
    RE: who caught and sang the sun in flight - by Lillibet - 11-29-2021, 05:22 PM