• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me hope in the darkness;
    Leilan
    Water is, in essence, a life-giving element. So that the ocean is teaming with life is no surprise (even if one wouldn't have had the experience that it is indeed so), but Brennen manages to give his speech like it is something new (and, when reading between the lines mentally, he seems a little discontent with that fact). This causes the beginning of a smile on Leilan's face. His own habitat, on land or, 'land' if you counting ice floats as such, is much calmer and has fewer chances of intrusion. "No more than gulls and robs, I reckon," he counters, teeth flashing a little as he can't really hold back a grin. His disconnected feelings are still inclined towards sarcasm, irony and entertainment after all, and the truth is he has too many deep ties and connections with Brennen to not know how to react, or even feel - it's easier now though that his heart is an icy one, because he doesn't get drowned in those feelings any more. More like looking into a mirror, he knows and recognizes them, and that's about it. Blissfully unaware of the things he might have felt upon meeting the older magician.

"You missed quite an exciting time. Someone thought it a good idea to put out the lights. Delve into something even beyond the underworld... bring back a few fancy monsters and all that." He shakes his head as if he were to say, 'those crazy little children at it again, what can you do about it though', as if it happens every day. He doesn't make a big deal out of the magic running rampant, the monsters that were killed but not quite, the horses that were most definitely slaughtered. "It took a whole lot of fighting our way into the underworld to find the heart of Beqanna and put it right." Part of the group who finally made it to meet the Fairy, he remembers it quite well. It was there that he was gifted a transformation, into magic, of the kind that allowed him to further change into what one might call Cold itself. Ice, opposite his mother's fire dragon reminders, had always appealed to him more. He smirks a little when he remembers using the first aura he ever had to prank the likes of his nephew Trekori and his patron, but lets go of the thought to keep to the present quickly.

As much as the winged bay is examining what might be off with the roan, somewhere beneath the surface, the gold-maned stallion does the same. Brennen seems a little distant, too, he notices. Not quite willing to even be here, having this conversation - it shows even to the one with the frozen heart. Living requires an investment to be made - not quite as large as Leilan's latest sacrifice to bring back the sun, or to give up chasing a woman who, like himself, couldn't quite open up. He doesn't look much farther than the surface - even if the water mage might allow it, which the roan suspects he will not, he doesn't want to indulge in any sort of mind-reading at all. He'd always hated that certain mages would do it all the time, so why start now? Besides, the world becomes incredibly boring when you don't have to talk anymore and just pick up everything.

The scaled roan just doesn't quite know if Brennen would even want to be hooked. Still, some bait could be laid. As much as he doesn't care what choice the other will make, in the end, it's better than sitting around waiting for him to make a move. Besides, he's just curious. "By the way, have you seen Straia down there? She got swallowed by a giant hole, so it always left me wondering." He knows the mare might have triggered something with the magician, seeing as he was last seen using his last resources keeping her from invading... but hey. To shake the man awake is, after all, kind of the point.
    told you I'd change
    even when I knew I never could

@Brennen
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; - by Brennen - 11-11-2021, 02:49 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; - by Leilan - 11-11-2021, 03:59 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; - by Brennen - 11-12-2021, 03:22 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; - by Leilan - 11-20-2021, 02:35 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; - by Brennen - 11-29-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; - by Leilan - 12-16-2021, 05:13 AM