• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the water is deeper than anything you've ever seen
    so don’t forget to love me in damnation
    For the living i have earned on love gone wrong
    She deserves it, she knows that.
    Because what she had done was unforgivable, wasn’t it?

She had felt it even as she had shifted without her own consent, felt it as the sun had fallen across her—his?—face in the dead of night. It had been unspeakably cruel, though she had not done it on purpose, though her cruelty was typically reserved for her brother. 

And then.
    And then she had heard his wish, though he had not spoken it aloud. 
    I wish she’d stop, and she had abruptly returned to her own body, plunged back into the darkness. And then, I wish she’d leave. And she had vanished altogether. If he had walked toward her, would he have been able to walk right through her? She had called out to him, or tried to, but no sound had come out and he’d turned to leave.

I thought you hated me, she hears it, though he does not speak this aloud either. 

And when he asks if she can hear his thoughts, her entire body flushes hot with shame. 

I’m sorry,” she says and she means it with every fiber of her being. Means it so fiercely that her eyes water with it. These are the consequences of her actions, these are the consequences of delving into the minds of others, she realizes.

I didn’t mean to,” she continues and abruptly removes herself from his head, fighting against the natural urge to sift through his thoughts just as thoroughly as she sifts through Ennis’s.

anaise

@Nemeon

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the water is deeper than anything you've ever seen - by anaise - 12-12-2021, 06:13 PM