• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open quest]  violence for violence is the rule of beasts; ROUND II

lord, I fashion dark gods too;

One by one, they come. A boy like a storm, a sea-thing of a girl, a gold mare old enough that he would be surprised if their paths had not crossed before. The leader of a one of the lesser lands (they’re all lesser, in his eyes), a chocolate mare, his own bug-strange daughter. A golden lord, then another child of his (with a more memorable dam, and for a moment he looks at her, hungry). A mare like a sunset, and finally, a young boy with a crescent moon. He knows none of them, at least not well. It is often easier when it’s stranger doing your bidding.
    He knows the mountain fought them. Some of them wear the physical scars of it, some wear it in their eyes. He wonders if they regret it, coming to him.

“Once, the mountain took from us,” he says, looking at him, “some of you may remember it personally, or may just know the tales. Beqanna took it upon herself to strip her own children of their magic, to collapse the beloved kingdoms, to hoard the magic back in herself.”
    He isn’t sure how many were present, or how many generations ago that event was. Time is so strange for gods. He mostly just remembers that sick feeling, his own magic there but malfunctioning, a rare, disgusting taste of helplessness.
    “And though Beqanna restored the magic, she left this mountain, this place where wishes are granted, where magic must surely run amok, well…”
    He pauses, looks at the ground between himself and those who answered his call. He presses, gently. An indent appears on the earth, deepens a few feet, wide enough for them all to stand in. The mountain shudders beneath them. Not much. Just a tremor. A sigh, almost.
    “I’ve always wondered what’s at the core of it,” he says, “I imagine it’s quite wonderful. All that magic!”
    He steps back from the edge of the hole he has started for them. He was kind, to begin it like this. But the dark god himself will dig no further – that’s what they are for.
    “You are the chosen few,” he says, “who get to find out. Dig your way to the heart of the mountain, see what kind of magic lies there. I’m sure you’ll be rewarded handsomely.”
    He can almost taste the raw magic on his tongue. It has been a while since he feasted.
    “Whatever way you can,” he finishes, “just dig, and don’t stop until I say so.”

OOC:
    - Carnage started a hole on the top of the mountain, and wants you to keep on digging.  Describe your horse entering the hole and figuring out how to dig. You can do this however you want – use traits, use companions, eat the dirt, whatever. You can also ask Carnage for a temporary trait to assist you (transform into a badger, shovel hooves, whatever) and he’ll almost certainly grant it (just message me on Discord).
    - End with your character breaking through and falling. Into what? Well, that’s the next round. Just falling.
    - Suggested due date is noon (12 PM CST) on Saturday, November 20th. However, if the third round of the quest isn’t up yet, you’re good to reply to this one until it is – just saying the third round won’t be posted until sometime after 12 PM on Saturday. If that is confusing, please let me know on Discord. Disclaimer: I am drinking right now.
    - Feel free to message me on Discord with any questions!

c a r n a g e

Messages In This Thread
    violence for violence is the rule of beasts; ROUND II - by Carnage - 11-15-2021, 07:18 PM