• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you could be the one that I keep
    The hoarseness of Tarian’s voice is another twist of the knife. He would always be a knight, a champion, no matter what, but these thought feel a little silly to say outloud - she has no idea whether they would even be comforting to her.

When his wing brushes against her side, Altissima leans her body into Tarian’s, quietly encouraging him to drape his wing over her like they have done so many times now. Like this is just any other day where they have a few moments to themselves. Instead of the day where everything seemed to be falling apart.

She almost wishes they would talk about Loess instead of their children, wishes for a way to distance herself from the turmoil inside of her heart. But she finds herself answering him anyway. “Areane left first, and Starros a little afterwards. They went towards the forest, so…” Her head turns slightly to glance behind her, thinking of the vastness of the continent to the east of Loess. Some part of her itches to join Winter in searching but a colder, more logical part tells Altissima she would be too frantic - she might overlook the pair altogether.

Hopefully Areane was within these trees, animating leaves and twigs, and Starros was in a clearing somewhere as he often is, playing with light.

Even just standing here, her heart is still racing from the escape and from her nerves. “I didn’t know I was capable of worry.” A quiet, nervous laugh escapes her as she turns back around, brushing a soft touch against Tarian’s silver neck. And she knows, though she doesn’t say it, this worry exists not just for the twins but for him as well.

altissima

@Tarian
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you could be the one that I keep - by Altissima - 11-30-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 11-30-2021, 09:03 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Altissima - 12-06-2021, 08:38 AM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 12-07-2021, 07:59 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 01-17-2022, 07:20 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 03-04-2022, 04:37 PM