• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i do not want to move mountains
    ------H E R R I N
    in short:--------------------------------------------------
    all good things are wild and free

It is an interesting combination, so he nods agreeably. His three shapes: bat, horse, and cheetah. They’re shapes he has had since birth, and the idea of not having them all is as strange as the combination of them might seem to others. It doesn’t ever occur to him that others might think them strange though, because Herrin has always cared little for the opinions of others.

Doing so was easy when you avoided interacting with them, of course.

That also makes it easier to miss small cues like the way her voice grows slightly more raspy after the mention of her father and brother. She can only glow, Lillibet says, and though Herrin has no way to be sure she is telling the truth, he is somehow quite certain that she is.

“No,” he tells her, “I will always be in the cave.”

That isn’t strictly true (he’ll come out at night), but it’s better to be firm in situations like these. Or so Herrin hopes, having never been in such a situation. He is now curious about this Pangea and the opportunity to explore new caves in his smallest form, but the idea of diplomacy is not at all appealing. In truth, he's not entirely sure what it entails, but feels oddly reluctant to admit this to Lillibet. 

“You can claim Pangea, and I will claim the biggest cave.”

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-01-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 03:40 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-04-2021, 07:27 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-05-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-11-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-12-2021, 12:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-19-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-24-2021, 06:42 PM