• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan
    Islandres never did change, really, except that Vita came and went like the untamable girl he’d fallen in love with so many years ago. Aedan wasn’t surprised that she had left again, though he had been surprised at how long she’d been gone. Eventually worry had gotten the best of him, and he’d left their children (full grown and fully capable) to search for her. The world was vast, and he hadn’t had a clue where to begin. Time disappeared around him far faster than he might have anticipated.

Part of him had forgotten what it had been like to be young, to slip away and explore new lands (new worlds, now). He’d forgotten just how much he’d enjoyed it. Not that he hadn’t enjoyed fatherhood (oh, it was his favorite thing in all the worlds), but he’d forgotten that he had other loves as well. Admittedly, he did not rush home.

Admittedly, he did not find Vita either.

Eventually though, Beqanna calls him. He’d been gone so long, and missed his home and his family. Too much time has passed, and he makes his way back to his home now as night begins to fall. It looks the same, though much has transpired which he knows nothing about. Instead, he can only hope that Islay will still be there.

He nickers loudly, breaking into a canter across the sandy beach when he spots her. He is surrounded by his usual glow, the soft aura of stars that he has always called to himself. He (and his daughter) are so vastly powerful, and yet he’s always loved such a simple piece of his magic. ”Islay,” he says as he approaches, slowing to a walk before reaching out to touch her nose with his own. ”Oh, Islay. How I have missed you.” This - she - is why he learned to stay.

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

@Islay

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 12-07-2021, 08:24 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 12-08-2021, 02:06 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 12-08-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 12-09-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 01-17-2022, 06:17 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 02-01-2022, 04:20 PM