• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan
    He had missed a lot, it seems. Islay tells him of the “darkness” and all that came with it. Perpetual darkness, here in Beqanna. He imagines in some way that did not bother her, and yet, it was not the night as they knew and loved it. That sort of darkness is something entirely different, entirely other. It is unnatural and wrong, unlike the sky that simply happened to lack the sun.

There is more, though he finds himself cherishing the gentle nudge of her nose instead of worrying about yet another thing Beqanna had thrown at them. There was always another thing here. An earthquake, and something wrong. He trusts his daughter’s instincts though, and tucks the information away. ”I’m sorry you were left alone for so much, not that you need me,” he says with a chuckle and proud smile, reaching out to ruffling her mane slightly with his nose. ”Do you think this earthquake is something worth investigating?” Part of him simply wants to stay on the island, live in the bliss that only comes with ignorance, and yet if something was going to come to threaten the peace they enjoyed here, perhaps they ought to be slightly more prepared.

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

@Islay

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 12-07-2021, 08:24 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 12-08-2021, 02:06 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 12-08-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 12-09-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 01-17-2022, 06:17 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 02-01-2022, 04:20 PM