• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I made a deal with the stars

She’s nervous and it’s a funny thing to realize - she didn’t think she would be. There are fears that go deeper than not being good at picking up signals but then Firion says trust me and a small shiver runs through her. She almost says ‘of course’ but there’s nothing of course about them. It is surreal that they are here together, it is beyond anything she could have imagined. And she loves that they are.

Trust, especially right now, is vital to her and against all odds, Mazikeen trusts Firion absolutely. With all of her heart. And that’s nothing short of a miracle.

These are things she might have said out loud, but it’s becoming harder for her to nervously ramble as her attention shrinks to this world of darkness - a world of just them. So at first she just nods mutely, her mind beginning to lose focus as a thrill courses across her skin and causes her heart to hammer in her chest.

Mazikeen lets go of the nerves and the worries - there’s too much building energy inside her to relax but it’s anticipation instead of fear keeping her on edge. What little of her shapeshifting she was holding onto is released as well, her horns reforming themselves into their natural twists - so she is just herself. No alterations, no softened edges. Not quite the Mazikeen he had first met, but her truest self nonetheless.

She turns her head back to look at him, unashamed of the desire and love and trust written clear in her eyes. That bright gaze only adds weight to the sincere, breathless words she manages. “I do, Firion.” Her tongue turning his name into a caress. Smoky and sweet and so unlike the times she has spat it out that it is difficult to imagine it's the same word at all.

There isn’t any need to say anything else, even she can tell that. And with her head still turned, she shifts the weight of her back legs so her hip bumps into him - a smoky grin, a dare, a spark flashing across her face as she does.

mazikeen

@firion

Messages In This Thread
    I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 12-08-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by firion - 12-20-2021, 05:02 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 12-20-2021, 08:15 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by firion - 01-16-2022, 05:19 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 01-16-2022, 10:16 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by firion - 01-17-2022, 11:33 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 01-19-2022, 10:45 AM