• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    mazikeen
    There is not a single moment when Mazikeen does not struggle. Her body flickers through shapes - taking turns pushing against the constricting coils that close around her and attempting to rip the offending flesh apart.

Even with the intent to kill her, she is furious that he dares to touch her again. She misses Myrna rising and only snaps to attention when the Curse utters the name Mazikeen had discarded, and when her daughter’s soft voice comes to her. Relief and fear and determination flood through her and her efforts to escape the grasp of the serpent double, frustration tearing through her as breathing becomes harder. But she does not stop fighting.

Until suddenly it all stops. She is free, crashing to the ground at the sudden absence of her tormentor and her orange eyes cast wild glances around looking for him.

Mazikeen is on edge, still ready for the fight to continue, absolutely bewildered at the complete lack of any sign of Gale.

And then Malik speaks and her head snaps towards her children.

She doesn't understand how, but they are both there. Alive, unharmed - but shaken and unsure just like she is.

Mazikeen is exhausted but relief eats away through both that and her confusion. She stumbles forward in her equine shape to hug Malik first - holding him as tightly as he’ll allow her to. One sob breaks through before she wrestles the rest back down. Moving on to reach out to Myrna and hold her for a moment as well before stepping back just enough to look at them both.

“I don’t know what happened.” She hates her uncertainty and the way it cannot be buried like her exhaustion. But she won’t lie to them. “I hope he’s gone for good but I will find out if not.” She hopes Malik can hear the determination in her voice - she wants so badly for him to be safe from the Curse, from his father.

She wants them all to be safe.

She turns to Myrna and tells the truth there as well. “Viszla was the name your father wanted to give you.” Mazikeen hopes this deception of hers can be forgiven. “If you… like it better we can use it… I just wanted to keep his influence as far away as possible.” It was just a name, maybe, but it signified more. And she couldn’t regret something that had helped keep the girl safe for as long as it had. Her orange eyes flick between her son and daughter, gauging their reactions as a small, sad smile forms. “And I liked Malik’s choice. So that we’d match.”

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 12-09-2021, 07:40 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 12-19-2021, 08:56 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 01-09-2022, 10:04 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Mazikeen - 01-16-2022, 10:36 AM