• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  to lay waste in your healthy head
    adrius
    sometimes i think i am free
    until i find i'm back in line again

Adrius is admittedly baffled by Maurtia’s immediate acceptance of his offer. Of course. Of course what? She doesn’t mind that he called her rude? That he can hardly swallow his rage enough for a vague semblance of manners? In another time, he would have been struck down for speaking so petulantly; he nearly flinches when she answers.

The disgruntled man glares at Maurtia once more before growling, “Maurtia. I’m Adrius.” He looks away immediately, desperately attempting to blink away his rankled frustration.

It’s hard for Adrius to admit—even now, in the throes of his agitation—that he feels any form of extreme emotion. That’s why blood rushes to the veins in his cheeks, heating the flesh there uncomfortably. He attempts to gloss over her compliment, black eyes flashing at her in what might appear as panic. Swallowing again, he looks at the muddied earth, feeling mildly defeated as he wonders just what exactly he has gotten himself into.

“I’m coming,” Adrius grumbles begrudgingly, breaking into a trot in an attempt to find Maurtia’s pace. “No, I’m fine if you’re fine,” he answers almost too quickly. In truth, the pattering rain does agitate his aquatic form, but that is one weakness he won’t admit to her. At least not now. And he doesn’t necessarily trust her with any physical disadvantage.

“Why are you doing this, Maurtia?” he asks after a couple of moments of walking. He’s genuinely curious, if a bit nervous, and nearly stumbles over his next steps.

@Maurtia

Messages In This Thread
    to lay waste in your healthy head - by adrius - 12-09-2021, 09:45 PM
    RE: to lay waste in your healthy head - by adrius - 02-01-2022, 08:51 PM
    RE: to lay waste in your healthy head - by adrius - 02-12-2022, 01:34 PM
    RE: to lay waste in your healthy head - by adrius - 02-24-2022, 12:53 AM
    RE: to lay waste in your healthy head - by adrius - 04-04-2022, 08:33 PM