• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm shaped by my storming
    Mesarez
    When her attempts to fight off the smile fail, and she references her distaste for all things new, a warm laugh bubbles out of Mesarez. It further shatters the illusion of a serious kelpie, this sound, until he is just himself - someone who he utterly free to be around Poseida with no reservations at all.

“You feel like I’m the last new thing you let into your life and you’ll never top that wonderful occasion so why bother trying? Yes, yes I know.” His smile brightens further and with a twist he rights himself in the water before her - careful not to stray too close. He had never quite puzzled out whether Poseida could control the ability of her mane to sting or not but he had felt the effects of it enough to be wary about drifting too close.

The first time had been an accident but the second time his curiosity had drawn him in to see if the experience would be repeated (and it was).

“It’s not all new though. There are ruins…” But even as he speaks these words a shadow passes over his face. Though he knows he could talk about this with Poseida, he doesn’t. He lets the words fall away and he shuts out the memories of the day he had lost his father and sister.

Like the sun emerging from behind a cloud, his smile returns - believing she’ll forgive him for this obvious change in subject.

“Still, it’s pretty interesting. Though the walking does get tiring.” When you stood still on land you just… stood still. There was no current that you could drift along, letting it carry you with it at it’s leisure. If you wanted to go investigate something you had to put one leg in front of the other and go there.

Ghastly, really, but for the sake of all things new Mesarez would do it.

@poseida

Messages In This Thread
    I'm shaped by my storming - by Mesarez - 12-12-2021, 04:43 PM
    RE: I'm shaped by my storming - by poseida - 12-12-2021, 05:37 PM
    RE: I'm shaped by my storming - by Mesarez - 12-19-2021, 07:55 PM