• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I fall behind, the second hand unwinds

I'll settle for the ghost of you.

Her apology might be an empty one but it is an appreciated one all the same. Even if she could find no fault in what Carnage had done, he wouldn’t have shamed her for that either. How the South had fallen was still a mystery to him, he was clueless to the root of what had happened. And if… No… When he found his mother again, it would not be surprising to hear her speak of it with something like awe instead of disapproval. Especially if Carnage was behind it all.

There is no surprise when she shakes her head, admitting that she wasn’t sure who he was speaking of. It’s disheartening but he was starting to learn it was better to expect disappointment then get his hopes up too high. However, what follows brings an interesting idea to mind and he turns to fully look at her, cautious hope flickering in his strange yellow gaze as he sees the remorse in her expression. “Could I be related to you?” He asks uncertainly. 

Perhaps it was as stupid a question as his one to Firion asking if he was a doppelgänger from the future. He looked nothing like an angel, being terrible seemed like the exact opposite of what someone related to a heavenly being would be. He asks anyways. Despite his undying loyalty to the mare who had taken him in, he would always be curious about the family he had never known. That hadn’t wanted him.

There is a sudden boost in his emotions, not unlike the feelings Aela would sometimes send, and her reassurance washes over him in a cool wave before wrapping around him like a weighted blanket. It eases some of the building tension, the rising worry, and he exhales soft and slow. Releasing what he could not control. If it had been anyone else, he might not have opened up. Yet he feels safe here beneath the golden halo of an angel. So he does. “The Pampas. I lived there with my mother, Aela.” He halts, swallowing down his hesitance. 

“The earth split and I think I was drowning in the sea.” Glancing down, remembering the water choking the back of his throat, filling his nostrils, the blackness that swallowed him whole. Waking up with Terror wrapped around him. “I woke up on the Isle after. I just got back to the mainland.”

FYR

Photo by Little Willow Art

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    I fall behind, the second hand unwinds - by Fyr - 01-18-2022, 02:30 PM
    RE: I fall behind, the second hand unwinds - by Fyr - 03-22-2022, 10:41 PM