• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I do not want to move mountains

Lillibet

It’s the middle of the night when Lillibet awakens in the Meadow, her glowing skin glistening under a blanket of cool springtime dew. She unfurls her slender frame from beneath the sweeping oak she’d used as her headboard and stretches out her limbs in the dark shadows beneath its boughs, a frown tugging the outsides of her mouth downwards at the memory of her dream. Outside of the arbor umbrella, a full moon casts its silvered fingers across the silent Meadow and shines against the dewy, breeze-swept grasses. A yawn escapes the former Princess as she thinks on the dreamworld she’d just escaped ─ one where she’d possessed the same magic her father and brother had, but she had utilized it in a way she’d never seen either of them do so. Mangled bodies had lingered in her wake and blood had stained her sharp-toothed maw crimson.

She shudders. The power her family possesses had never caused her fear, instead, she craved it. And blood had never made her squeamish before, but the sight of it clinging to the claws of her dream-self had been so realistic that she cannot shake it now. The thought makes her restless, and Lillibet peels herself away from the oak to settle her nerves in the dark of the night.

She doesn’t intend to, but she eventually ends up in the canyon of Pangea. She is her own lightsource by no choice of her own, splashing her ethereal glow against the sand and redstone as she explores a land that is not hers to explore. The silence is comforting, and though her glow does not allow her to be anything synonymous with stealth, Lillibet does her best to not wake anyone she may happen to come across.

The one equine she does spy with her honeyed eyes is already awake ─ and he glows just as she does. At first, Lillibet thinks him to be a figment of her imagination or perhaps some leftover dream entity that has not yet fled with her waning sleepiness. But when she nears, drawn to him like a moth to flame, there’s a solidity to his amber champagne frame. They share in the light of each other’s glow for one silent moment before Lillibet remembers that she is intruding in the witching hour, and the gentleman before her may not be just that.

”Did I wake you?” the former Princess asks in a voice that’s soft with lingering sleepiness, neglecting to offer any apology for invading upon the land that had once held her mother and older brother captive.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-20-2022, 04:12 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-20-2022, 05:27 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-20-2022, 07:58 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-22-2022, 03:45 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-22-2022, 07:35 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-23-2022, 03:47 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-25-2022, 12:20 PM