• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I do not want to move mountains

through the fire and the flames

Hyaline is beautiful and holds many personal revelations to him but he cannot stay there. It is not home and he is still ruthlessly determined to find those that he had been separated from when the earth had cracked beneath him. There is no doubt he will go back to the lake but for now... For now there are other questions that need answering. For a few days he shelters on the outskirts of the lake, trying to decide what his next move is. He could stay here a little while longer and rest, that was one option. Between the bridge of fire that had brought him back to the mainlands and several days of travel to even reach where he was now.. It had taken a toll. He was feeling mostly better but he didn’t push his magic too far, only simple flames for warmth as needed to let his firepower rebuild. As for Terror… He had not felt the soul in days. As alone as he felt… He had no wish to cast his net into the afterlife and see who he pulled out. Not when so many fates were left uncertain.

Being alone, truly alone, made him restless though. The drive to find those close to him made it difficult to fully sleep at night, his dreams full of endless falling and suffocation until he awoke, coughing on imaginary seawater. He still wasn’t sure how he had survived. He shouldn’t have. It is one of those nights, the moon hanging high in the sky, that spurs him into action. He’s heard enough about the region he’s found himself in to know that Pangea is nearby. He remembers Aela’s stories about the place, a land she seemed almost fond of in her own way. If something had happened to the Pampas… Maybe she was there.

It isn’t too hard to navigate when the moon is so full, setting himself on fire with his own bright golden glow. He’s sure the direction he’s picked this time is right and carefully maneuvers through the mountains until they stretch into low sandy canyons. The night seems to grow colder and he brings the flames to simmer along his backside, a comforting presence if nothing else. At first glance, when the canyons open into something wider, he’s not sure why his mother would have ever liked this place. It’s so dry and desolate. Feels empty in its own way.

Something crunches beneath his hoof and he pulls it back to see he’s crushed some coral. Strange to find remnants of the sea in this wasteland. He shudders involuntarily, recalling the dream that had spurred him here to begin with and quickly turns his feral eyes in a different direction. Trying to forget the feeling of drowning. It is the ethereal glow in the distance that soon pushes those darker thoughts away. A light that seems to come closer and closer until he realizes that it’s a horse. A girl about the same age as he from what he can tell, shining like the moon just as he blazes like the sun.

There is something about her that reminds him slightly of Liesma, something soft and sensitive but when his yellow eyes meet her honeyed ones, he senses that she isn’t perhaps as delicate as one might make her out to be. Her voice is velvety with sleep and he can’t help the small smile that pulls at the corner of his own pale glowing mouth. “Not at all.” He responds truthfully, tossing his unruly crimson forelock to the side so he can get a better look at her. “Did I wake you?” He finally asks instead, throwing the question back to her as the flames dance along his spine.

Fyr

Image by LittleWillow-Art

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-20-2022, 04:12 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-20-2022, 05:27 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-20-2022, 07:58 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-22-2022, 03:45 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-22-2022, 07:35 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-23-2022, 03:47 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-25-2022, 12:20 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-27-2022, 05:31 PM