• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  i want the mountains to crumble
    ------H E R R I N
    in short:--------------------------------------------------
    all good things are wild and free

Herrin has never before been so far east. It feels less strange than he had anticipated, though as he leaves behind the waving grasses of the Meadow for the arid scape of Pangea, he finds himself hoping that Lillibet had been right about the canyons here.

There aren’t enough trees to keep him happy, but the prospect of a cool dark cave keeps him moving forward. His ambitions are less lofty than those of the pale mare whose voice echoes through the canyons as he approaches; he only wants a home, a place to replace the drowned forest and Syvan creekside that he had called home for most of his life.

He comes as a cheetah, as long-limbed and rangy as his equine form, though when he finally sees Lillibet ahead he returns to the body of a young stallion, keeping only a handful of spots and the long dark streaks beneath either eye.

Though he recalls the playful way she’d reached out to him before, Herrin cannot quite bring himself to greet her with anything more than a friendly nod. Thinking of doing so comes with the same discomfort as the thought of admitting his ignorance of diplomacy to her, so he keeps his distance and his silence.

Well, mostly. Caves are always a safe topic, so he gestures to one two-thirds of the way up the wall of the largest canyon.

“That one looks like a contender.”

Messages In This Thread
    i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-22-2022, 07:56 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-23-2022, 06:55 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-29-2022, 05:26 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-31-2022, 08:41 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM