• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  i want the mountains to crumble

Lillibet

Lillibet snorts her amusement as Herrin’s ears change and present a solution to her aforementioned problem. Were she to think about it more deeply, even Lillibet wouldn’t know exactly what she may need to inquire of the shifter-stallion in the future. But she is spoiled, no doubt by her former self-proclaimed title of Princess and now, by donning the Crown. The unintentional expectation that she will call upon Herrin, or whoever else may live inside the red rock canyons, and that they will be present to answer is alive and well in her young mind. It’s a misconception she’s sure to work on, though perhaps begrudgingly.

“Great,” she responds with a simple smile and a flick of her ear before her gaze turns away to survey the unfamiliar land. She knows that soon enough she will know it as well as she had known Loess and Sylva, but for now its secrets are not hers. When Herrin confirms that he’d walked through the canyon without incident or sign of anyone else, the silence begins to feel eerie and the wind that begins to whip through its contours even moreso.

She wonders where Alcinder and Oceane had spent their time when they’d been held captive by those who’d used to call this place home.

“Lucky for you,” she says over her opaline shoulder as she sets off down the canyon at a leisurely trot, “My magic is good for something.” Her nostrils flare as they move and her gold-flecked eyes analyze their surroundings for anything that could be of particular interest. She spies an area where the canyon walls squeeze together, providing only the smallest pathway between them.

Amending her course, Lillibet squeezes through the opening with ease (making sure to lower her head just a bit, avoiding the area where the walls overhead are too narrow for safety) and comes out the other side into a small opening ringed by tall canyon walls. Nothing dots the canyon floor save for dust and meek-looking shrubbery, though there is a wide mouthed cave whose opening sits upon the opposite wall from where they’d entered.

Though she slows to a meandering walk with concerns for their safety, the newly crowned Pangean sovereign enters into the inky cave, her perpetual ivory glow throwing rays against the rocky enclosure.

“Hopefully we don’t get eaten.”

But if they do, they won’t have anything else to worry about.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-22-2022, 07:56 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-23-2022, 06:55 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-29-2022, 05:26 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-31-2022, 08:41 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM