• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent
    Sickle has none of the honed instincts from either her birth or adoptive family. She does not consider keeping an eye on her surroundings, just in case there are things lurking there she should avoid. Just in case she should be ready to run. There is enough confidence in her combined ability to heal and shift that it seems to override any sense.

She has spent a long time in shadows, ghosting through the world as she grew into a mare, that she sometimes simply assumes everyone will continue to pass her by.

So she jumps when she hears her name, surprise causing the nearby colours to flicker across her iridescent coat - greens and browns and the soft purple of the mountains. She looks up into the eyes of the mountain lion standing in the trees and remembers the boy who had named her companion. “Oh right.” She had forgotten that Bolder lived in Hyaline too - forgotten that she had left him and his search for his shadow as soon as that information had been given to her because she had felt it press down on her. That instinct of hers to freeze and shrink and curl in on herself whenever emotions were just too big to handle.

Sickle shifts her stance a little, clearly uncomfortable, looking from the lion to the mountains beyond.

Her mismatched eyes remain fixed on the cliffs when she ignores the opportunity for a proper greeting and instead asks quietly. “Did you know Malik is my twin brother?” Sickle doesn’t think he had known when they had met - maybe he would have referred to Mazikeen as her mother instead of his aunt if he did. Maybe he would have breached the subject of her brother when she had been too scared to. He probably would have asked why she didn’t live with the rest of her “family”.

Her face twists a little bit with the realization that this means Bolder is family too. The entire mountain could be filled with relatives by now.
    SICKLE

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent - by Sickle - 01-31-2022, 08:47 PM